skip navigation

Real So Cal-SCV Annual General Meeting - 04/30/2020

By Manu Appelius, 04/27/20, 12:30PM PDT


Real So Cal-SCV Families,
due to the current Covid-19 situation and in observance of the "Stay at home order" and the LA County Health Department restrictions and guidelines, the Real So Cal-SCV AGM board meeting scheduled for April 30, 2020 will be held with a Video Conference call between the members of the board only.
Also, please read the statement below released by US Soccer extending to May 18, 2020 the cancellation of all activities, and with the LA County Health Department date currently set for May 15, 2020, we are hoping to receive new guidelines to resume our activities in the next few weeks, we'll keep you updated.
Inline image
Letter from Kevin Payne regarding COVID-19; extension of suspension until May 18
April 27, 2020
´╗┐Dear members,
As a number of states and local jurisdictions begin planning for a phased return to normalcy, US Club Soccer has targeted May 18th as the date we hope to return decision-making authority to our local leagues. This is subject to change, of course, but it is our hope that our members can begin to sensibly return to the fields after that, subject to some requirements and recommendations.
The return-to-play decision is a complicated one. We understand just how important it is for clubs, coaches, parents and players to play organized soccer again. But, as parts of the country begin to open up over the coming weeks, we encourage everyone to exercise extreme caution and continue to abide by public health experts' guidelines for hygiene, physical distancing, facemask use, etc. You can read about those guidelines on this CDC web page.
When play does resume in your area, we'll require compliance with safety measures that adhere to the CDC and federal and local governments. We will share a comprehensive list before returning to play.
The federal guidelines for states to resume business activities are outlined on this federal "Opening America" web page. In this phased approach, "schools and organized youth activities" – including sporting venues – are listed in the second phase, which is applicable for states and regions with no evidence of a rebound and that satisfy all establishing criteria.
We're hopeful that the continued suspension of activities until May 18th puts us in a position to begin Phase 2. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow up the week prior with a return-to-play decision.
We know how difficult this time is for everyone, and we urge everyone to remain resolute in taking the proper precautions, so that the progress we have collectively made in this fight against coronavirus will lead us to returning to the field soon.
Stay strong and stay safe.